If you’re a yoga enthusiast (or keen to start your yoga journey) and planning to visit Bali, Ubud is the place to be. This jungle paradise is known for its serene environment, lush greenery, and spirituality, making it the perfect destination to unwind and reconnect with yourself.
Of course, there’s no shortage of yoga studios here. But which one is the best?
I spent a couple of weeks in and around Ubud and tried to visit as many of the local studios as possible. From tantric yoga, to handstand classes, to stretching out with the masses at one very popular venue, I got a good feel for the offerings in the area.
In this post, I’ll share my recommendations for the best yoga in Ubud and suggest which one is best for your next practice.
1️⃣ Best Beginner-Friendly Yoga: Radiantly Alive
[Jump To Review]
2️⃣ Best Authentic Yoga Experience: The Yoga Barn
[Jump To Review]
3️⃣ Overall Best Studio: Taksu Yoga
[Jump To Review]
5️⃣ Most Affordable Yoga Studio: Intuitive Flow
[Jump To Review]
Table of Contents
What to Look for When Choosing a Yoga Studio
Choosing the right yoga studio can make all the difference in your practice. Here are some things to consider when selecting a yoga studio in Ubud:
- Style of Yoga: Make sure the studio offers the style of yoga that you want to practice. Ubud has a variety of studios that offer different styles of yoga, so take the time to find the one that suits you the best.
- Teacher Qualifications: Look for a studio that has experienced and certified teachers. A good teacher will help you to improve your practice and avoid injuries.
- Studio Atmosphere: The atmosphere of the studio is also important. Look for a studio that has a peaceful and welcoming atmosphere. You want to feel comfortable and at ease while practicing yoga.
- Air Conditioning: This if often something you don’t think about till half an hour into your class when it’s too late but consider how the studio is ventilated. Some i went to were hot and stuffy with very little airflow. Others were open with big fans. One even had aircon (which TBH I wasn’t a fan of – I like to sweat 🙂
- Location: Consider the location of the studio. Ubud can be quite busy, so you may want to choose a studio that is located away from the hustle and bustle of the town center. If you’re on foot, you’ll want a studio like Radiantly Alive which is right in town. But if you have a scooter, you’ll have more options to comute further
- Price: Finally, consider the price. Yoga studios in Ubud can range from affordable to very expensive. Decide on a budget and look for studios that fit within your price range.
|Best Beginner-Friendly Yoga
|The Yoga Barn
|Best Authentic Yoga Experience
|Overall Best Studio
|Most Premium Studio
|Most Affordable Yoga Studio
Keep these factors in mind when selecting a yoga studio in Ubud, and you’re sure to find the perfect place to practice yoga.
Best Beginner-Friendly Yoga: Radiantly Alive
If you’re new to yoga, Radiantly Alive is the perfect place to start. Their classes are designed for beginners, and the teachers are incredibly friendly and supportive. They offer a wide range of classes, including Hatha, Vinyasa, and Yin, so you can choose the one that suits you the best. The studio is also beautiful, with an open-air design that allows you to connect with nature while practicing yoga.
Best Authentic Yoga Experience: The Yoga Barn
The Yoga Barn is one of the most popular yoga studios in Ubud, and for a good reason. They offer a truly authentic yoga experience, with classes that are focused on the traditional teachings of yoga. The studio is set in a beautiful garden, with a peaceful and serene atmosphere that will help you connect with your inner self. They offer a variety of classes, including Hatha, Vinyasa, and Ashtanga, and also have meditation and healing classes.
Overall Best Studio: Taksu Yoga
Taksu Yoga is our winner for the overall best yoga studio in Ubud. They offer a wide range of classes, from beginner to advanced, and have some of the best teachers in Ubud. The studio is located in a beautiful garden, with a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere that will help you to destress and unwind. They also offer workshops and retreats, so you can dive deeper into your yoga practice.
Most Premium Studio: Fivelements Retreat
If you’re looking for a luxurious yoga experience, Fivelements Retreat is the place to go. This eco-conscious wellness resort offers yoga classes in a stunning bamboo structure surrounded by tropical gardens. The classes are taught by some of the best teachers in Ubud, and they also offer spa treatments and healthy food options.
Most Affordable Yoga Studio: Intuitive Flow
Yoga doesn’t have to be expensive, and Intuitive Flow proves it. This yoga studio offers some of the most affordable classes in Ubud, without compromising on quality. They offer a variety of classes, including Hatha, Vinyasa, and Yin, and also have meditation and pranayama classes. The studio is located in a beautiful garden, with a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
Ubud is a yogi’s paradise, with plenty of yoga studios to choose from. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced practitioner, there’s a studio that will suit your needs. We hope this guide has helped you to choose the best yoga studio for your needs and preferences. So, roll out your mat and start your yoga journey in Ubud!